Friday, October 3, 2008

both sides of my kitchen window...

inside










witch ball : found in the "famous" hardware store in Old Forge, NY on my trip. i've been eyeing one of these for a few years now at different fairs, but never found one that i loved. until now. worth the wait.


outside











pansies : a perfect windowbox cool weather annual. i love that these last far into the winter - a little bit of color after all the leaves have fallen.

...i find myself spending lots of time looking out my kitchen window, like so many others do. washing dishes, washing hands (big and little), cleaning up from a cooking or art project. two things that brighten a spot in the house that can always use a bit of joy.

1 comment:

Dayna said...

love the witch ball - way prettier then the scary kitchen witch my step-mom used to keep in the kitchen.

you have me thinking about what I can do to spruce up the window sill that I stare at sooo much! I think a little greenery might be right - but at this time of year I might have to go fake. Had a little fish up there but the window sill is too cold for him now!